The Children’s Hospital Pediatric Mental Health Institute is recruiting up to 11 passionate youth (ages 15-17) to participate as members of the Children’s Mental Health Youth Action Board (YAB). The board consists of up to 15 youth from across the Denver Metro Area who are interested in improving mental health in Colorado.
Goals of the Youth Action Board:
- Advise Children’s Hospital Pediatric Mental Health Institute on projects and materials to improve patient care.
- Raise the awareness of child and adolescent mental health issues in the communities we serve by creating a project each year that will support social change.
- Develop the leadership and advocacy skills of each board member.
- A young person ages 15-18
- Interested/ passionate about youth mental health
- Able to get to and from Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Available on Tuesdays from 4:30pm-6:00pm starting October 4, 2016
- Interested in making change
Time Commitment and Expectations:
The Youth Board will meet every other week starting October 4th. Meetings will be held on Tuesdays from 4:30-6pm at Children’s Hospital Colorado in the Gary Pavilion, Aurora, CO. Travel stipends are available to youth who need to travel more than 10 miles to Children’s Hospital Colorado’s Aurora campus. Each selected youth will have the opportunity to participate in the 8 hour Youth Mental Health First Aid Training that may be held on a Saturday in late November.
Complete the attached application AND include ONE picture that says something about you, your passion for children’s mental health, your family, or your community then e-mail both the application and picture to Heather.email@example.com by 5pm on September 16th.
Selection will be based on how many young people are interested. We will contact all youth applicants (regardless of whether you are selected or not) no later than September 25th. We are hoping to have a board that represents diverse perspectives, opinions, and ideas and highly encourage male youth to apply.
- Food WILL be provided at EACH meeting
- Each meeting will be facilitated by two adults, one facilitator is a licensed, board-certified therapist
- Each youth board member is expected to commit to a one year term (October 2016-June 2017)
- All events or meetings outside of the times listed above will require additional permission forms.
- Parents/guardians are invited to the first meeting on October 4th.
Questions? Please contact Heather Kennedy at (720) 810-7554 or at firstname.lastname@example.org