This is an intensive course that meets 10 hours a week and helps students improve their scores on the college entrance exam needed to enroll in career tech certification at EG Tech. Day and evening courses are available. College scholarships are available for graduates of the program.
Date: July 13
Times: 9:30, 1:00 OR 6:00
Location: 1860 Lincoln St. Denver, 80203, Room 424
Vocational Transitions prepares English language learners for technical college and a new career. Interested individuals must attend one of the orientation times on July 13. See below and attached for more info about Vocational Transitions.
What to Expect
- Raise TABE reading test scores by 2 grade levels
- Increased reading fluency
- Improved academic success skills
- A scholarship of up to $750 towards career and technical certificate programs
- Student advising and support throughout the transition process into college
- Program Start Date:August 22
- Program End Date:October 19
- Class Schedule:
o Monday through Friday, 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. OR
o Monday through Thursday, 6:00 to 8:30 p.m.
- 9-week class (managed enrollment)
- Day course: 2 hours/day 5 days a week
- Evening course: 2.5 hours/day 4 days a week
- Skill and language outcomes
- College orientations, career counseling, meetings with college advisors and instructors
- TABE pre- and post- test
Tuition for this program is funded by the Colorado Department of Education- students do not have to pay for the class. Space is limited. Not all who apply will be accepted.
See attachments in English and in Spanish or visit EmilyGriffith.edu/Vocational-Transitions for more info. After this, the next orientation will be September 28.