CYM is looking for two young people between the ages of 18-24 to serve on the Maximizing Success federal project. The Youth Advisors will work with other members of the Maximizing Success team to ensure that all aspects of this five-year project are inclusive and welcoming to youth within the defined project area, and include the direct involvement and meaningful engagement of young people, wherever possible. Youth Advisors are responsible for gathering and providing feedback from youth in Denver, Adams and Arapahoe counties to provide guidance and programmatic advice
to Colorado Youth Matter and its capacity building assistance partners.
• Must be comfortable conducting trainings and facilitating effective meetings.
• Commitment to adolescent reproductive health access, comprehensive sex education,
including adolescent health, unintended pregnancy prevention and HIV/AIDS/STI
• Experience as a youth advocate is preferred.
• Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing.
• Must be proficient in MS Office and basic computer applications.
• Must be comfortable with learning and effectively using new media outlets and web-based platforms for the purpose of achieving goals.
• Must be self-motivated and an independent worker with the ability to define your role within a team.
• Must be able to carry up to 25lbs.
• Must be comfortable standing for up to 4 hours.
• Must be able to focus while working in an open office environment.
• Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks and respond well to change and stressful
• Be detailed oriented, yet visionary.
• Exhibit leadership and initiative in various projects and work settings.
• Commitment to excellence
• Commitment to the mission, core expectations and values of Colorado Youth Matter.
• Have a sense of humor!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop youth advisory strategies that will best serve the Maximizing Success project goals,
capacity building assistance (CBA) partners, and youth in the three county project areas.
• Provide feedback, perspective and guidance on program materials, strategies, training and other elements of the project.
Submit a resume, cover letter, 2 professional references and answer the questions below in a
separate document. Submit to Andie Lyons, Director of Community Programs no later than June
15, 2016 at: email@example.com
[embeddoc url=”http://co9to25.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/YouthAdvisor.pdf” download=”all”]