Are you 17-24 years old? Do you need a job and money for school? Are you looking to gain new skills? Are you interested in conservation?
Then you’ll want to check out Mile High Youth Corps’ Summer of Service Program (SOS). SOS is an intensive, team-based, 12 week-long program. The SOS Corpsmembers serve on conservation and environmental stewardship projects throughout the Denver metro area while engaging in meaningful education activities. Corpsmembers have the choice to serve on either a Hand or Sawyer Crew.
- Biweekly Stipend: Earn a living stipend of $640.00 per pay period, every two weeks. This equates to $64 a day. The first pay day will be June 3, 2016.
- AmeriCorps Education Award: Earn a scholarship of $1,515.55 upon successful completion of the term (450 hours of service). This award can be used to pay tuition or pay back qualifying student loans. Individuals have 7 years to use the award.
This a temporary position, from May 17, 2016 – August 12, 2016. (Later term option available for school conflicts, May 31, 2016 – August 19, 2016.)
- 450 hours of service in a 12 week commitment.
- 40 hour weeks, M-Th 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. Required to serve Fri., June 3 from 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. due to holiday observed on Memorial Day (May 30), Fri., July 8 from 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. due to holiday observed on 4th of July (July 4) & required to serve: Fri. June 10, July 15 and August 12 from 8:00 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- There may be positions that require overnights.
To apply, click here, or visit MHYC in person at its headquarters at 1801 Federal Blvd, Denver, CO 80204.
Questions? Please email email@example.com or call 303-433-1206 ext. 221
To read first-hand about the experience of Mile High Youth Corpsmember JJ, click here.
Directly from bravetracks!