We are seeking young people ages 13-19, with diverse life and/or geographic experiences, to participate as consultants on a statewide advisory council. This council is open for ANYONE and EVERYONE to apply. If you answer yes to any of these then this council is for you!
- Are you interested in standing up for the health and well-being of ALL young people in Colorado? APPLY
- Do you want to learn how to effectively get your voice heard? APPLY
- Are you a high-schooler that wants to stand up against bullies? APPLY
- Are you a young parent and want to share the young parent perspective? APPLY
- Do you live far away from Denver, and want to advocate for your community? APPLY
- Have you had experiences with substance use, diversion or detention? APPLY
- Have you lived in group homes or foster care, we need your voice? APPLY
- Do you have any special health concerns, join and be empowered? APPLY
- Do you identify as LGBTQ, sit at our table? APPLY
- Have you and/or your peers ever experienced oppression, stand up for what you believe in? APPLY
- Do you have a unique cultural perspective, which you do? APPLY
- Download the application files:
- Submit both application documents to Audra Bishop:
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- by fax at 303-691-7852.
- or mail it in to Audra Bishop, 4300 Cheery Creek Dr. S. Denver, CO 80246
Participation in this council will provide opportunities for you to develop leadership skills, increase your knowledge of various health topics and engage in meaningful ways to have your unique voices heard.
- YOU GET TO BE THE EXPERT!
- A place where your opinions and ideas are listened to and your experiences are honored
- Consultants are paid $10/hour + reimbursement for transportation to meetings
- The council meets one Saturday per month for 4 hours (most likely in Denver)
- Provides opportunities to meet other youth from around the state while growing personally and professionally
- Offers creative ways to learn about youth health and the factors that can affect it
Either fill out the pdf version, including getting a letter of recommendation or complete the Word Version, then print, sign and fax, scan/email, or mail.
YPH consists of youth consultants, ages 13-19, all selected for their unique experiences that serve as a foundation from which they can provide open and honest feedback.
This council was started in 2000 and continues to be supported by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Youth consultants on this council provide feedback and recommendations to state and community partners who are working to positively impacting the lives of Colorado’s youth.
[embeddoc url=”http://co9to25.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/YPH-Application-2016-1.doc” height=”300px” download=”all” viewer=”microsoft”]
[embeddoc url=”http://co9to25.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/YPH-Application-LetterofRec_FINAL-fillablePDF.pdf” height=”300px” download=”all”]
[embeddoc url=”http://co9to25.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/YPH-Application-2016-FINAL_fillablePDF.pdf” height=”300px” download=”all”]
all pictures are actual pictures of past YPH members