We are seeking young people ages 13-19, with diverse life and/or geographic experiences, to participate as consultants on a statewide advisory council. This council is open for ANYONE and EVERYONE to apply. If you answer yes to any of these then this council is for you!
- Are you interested in standing up for the health and well-being of ALL young people in Colorado? APPLY
- Do you want to learn how to effectively get your voice heard? APPLY
- Are you a young parent? APPLY
- Do you live far away from Denver? APPLY
- Have you had experiences with substance use, diversion or detention? APPLY
- Have you lived in group homes or foster care? APPLY
- Do you have any special health concerns? APPLY
- Do you identify as LGBTQ? APPLY
- Have you and/or your peers ever experienced oppression? APPLY
This council was started in 2000 and continues to be supported by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Youth consultants on this council, provide feedback and recommendations to state and community partners who are working to positively impacting the lives of Colorado’s youth. (i.e. YOU!)
Participation in this council will provide opportunities for you to develop leadership skills, increase your knowledge of various health topics and engage in meaningful ways to have your unique voices heard.
- YOU GET TO BE THE EXPERT!
- A place where your opinions and ideas are listened to and your experiences are honored
- Consultants are paid $10/hour + reimbursement for transportation to meetings
- The council meets one Saturday per month for 4 hours (most likely in Denver)
- Provides opportunities to meet other youth from around the state while growing personally and professionally
- Offers creative ways to learn about youth health and the factors that can effect it
If interested, or if you know other young people whose voices need to be heard, please fill out the attached application (There is only ONE question and you get to answer it in any CREATIVE way you see fit!) and send it to Audra Bishop (contact info below)
Either fill out the pdf version, including getting a letter of recommendation or complete the Word Version, then print, sign and fax, scan/email,
Please contact Audra Bishop with any questions at 303-691-4936.